The Keith H. Davey Scholarship was established as a result of a generous estate gift from the Missions to Military organization in honor of its founder, the late Keith Davey.
This scholarship is open to active duty, retired, and veteran military personnel who are pursuing a Master of Divinity (MDiv) or Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree. This scholarship covers all tuition (for three classes) and fees for recipients for one semester of study. This scholarship is open for re-application on a semester by semester basis.
Selection Criteria - Applicants must:
- Articulate their commitment to Jesus Christ
- Satisfy all criteria for admission to the seminary
- Provide evidence of an accredited undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for new, in-coming students
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at VBTS if a current student
- Articulate intention to complete the degree and enter full-time ministry (pastoral, missionary, or chaplaincy) subsequent to graduation
- Demonstrate intention to complete the MDiv program within the program time limit by enrolling in resident courses and maintaining program progress as specified in an approved graduation plan
- Provide evidence of integrity, humility, and overall Christian character suitable for the ministry as expressed in 1 Timothy 3
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be an active duty, retired, or veteran member of the United States military
In substantiation of the above criteria, students must submit a 500-word statement outlining:
- Their commitment to Jesus Christ
- The purpose of their pursuit of the MDiv
- Their post-graduation plans for their MDiv
Please complete the following application to be considered as a recipient of the Keith H. Davey Military Scholarship.